Thank you for taking the time to be a part of Highline's literary community! We are excited to see your poetry, stories, essays, photos, and artwork.
Submissions may be made year-round!
- Include an active personal email that we can contact you with, because it may take us a year to get back to you.
- You MUST be a Highline College staff, student, alumni, or faculty member to submit to the Arcturus.
- Please include a short biography (Around 50-100 words) about yourself and your inspiration behind the piece(s). For example:
Jane Doe was born and raised in Florida. She is currently pursuing her two-year transfer degree at Highline College. "The Other Side Up" was inspired by her long obsession with the paranormal and her wonder at what we can't see in everyday life.
- Submit your piece(s) in a single attachment. Please ONLY MS Word documents or Google Docs -- NO PDFs.
- Please DO NOT include your name or other personal information in the piece(s). Please keep multiple pieces on separate pages within your attachment.
- Please include a title for your piece(s) -- even artwork submissions.
- Include your name and email address. You may include a pen-name if you wish to be published under that name.
- Max number of pieces you can submit is FIVE.
- Please identify if you are Highline College staff, student, alumni, or faculty.
- Submission may be in your own language, however, a translation must be provided as well.
- Artwork must be submitted with a high-resolution image.
Email your submission(s) to the Arcturus email address (email@example.com) with the requirements listed above, or simply fill out the form at the top of this page.