How to Submit
Thank you for taking the time to be a part of Highline's literary community! We are excited to see your poetry, stories, essays, photos and artwork.
Submissions may be made year round!
- Include an active personal email that we can contact you with, because it may take us a year to get back to you.
- In your email, please include a short biography (50 words max.) about yourself and your inspiration behind the piece(s). For example:
Jane Doe was born and raised in Florida. She is currently pursuing her two year transfer degree at Highline College. "The Other Side Up" was inspired by her long obsession with the paranormal and her wonder at what we can't see in everyday life.
- Submit your piece(s) in a single attachment. Please DO NOT include your name or other personal information in the piece(s). Please keep multiple pieces on separate pages within your attachment.
- Please include a title for your piece(s) -- even artwork submissions.
- Include your name and email address. Submitter's name should be as they would like it to be shown in the journal.
- Max number of pieces you can submit is FIVE.
- Please identify if you are Highline College staff, student, alumni, or faculty.
- Submission may be in your own language, however, a translation must be provided as well.
- Artwork must be submitted with a high-resolution image.
Email your submission(s) to the Arcturus email address (email@example.com) with the requirements listed above.